What’s Inside: The only thing better than a home-brewed cinnamon tea recipe is upgrading it to a coconut milk latte. All you need are a few pantry staples and 15 minutes of steeping time. Plus, it’s caffeine-free and a great coffee-alternative!
Homemade Cinnamon Tea Recipe
Sometimes you just need a cup of tea to warm you up and wake up your body, especially during those cold winter months. That’s why I love this homemade Cinnamon Tea Latte recipe. The strong cinnamon flavor warms you up from the inside out and makes you bright and alert.
What’s even better is that this is a caffeine-free tea latte recipe, so you get all the health and alertness benefits of a cup of tea without any of the mid-morning jitters or afternoon crashes.
Turn this cinnamon tea into a latte by added some frothy coconut milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon! You’re sure to get coffee shop vibes all in the comfort of home with this recipe.
What is a Tea Latte?
Tea lattes are a a type of milk tea. Like cafe lattes, they are typically made with steamed , frothy milk. But instead of espresso, they contain strong-brewed tea. Typically this is caffeinated tea, but the decaffeinated versions are made the same way with decaffeinate tea, like my cinnamon tea.
A tea latte may be served hot or cold, and all you need are a few simple ingredients, including your favorite tea.
You only need 5 pantry staple ingredients to make your own Cinnamon Tea Latte at home:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk (or may sub cashew or almond milk)
- ½ tsp raw honey (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground Ceylon cinnamon for garnish
How To Make a Homemade Cinnamon Tea Latte with Coconut Milk
This Cinnamon Tea Latte is super simple to make, even on busy weekday mornings. Simply bring water and a cinnamon stick to a rolling boil in a small saucepan. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 mins.
Once your tea is made, add the coconut milk to a frother, or heat up and use a hand frother to make it thick and foamy like your favorite barista would! This is the latte element of the cinnamon tea.
Once ready, strain the tea in a cup and stir in raw honey. Pour in foamy milk, sprinkle with Ceylon cinnamon, and serve hot. Enjoy!
Nutritional Therapy Practitioner Tip: Cinnamon is excellent for balancing blood sugar levels and insulin. The antioxidants in cinnamon have anti-inflammatory effects, which may help lower your risk of disease. Try to use Ceylon cinnamon for the best health benefits. (source)
Tea Latte Variations
- Sprinkle with your favorite spice garnish, like extra cinnamon, ground cardamom, freshly grated nutmeg, or some ground ginger!
- If you’re not a coconut lover, you can use almond or cashew milk, too (use coconut for AIP).
- Are you an iced latte drinker? Just allow your cinnamon tea to cool at room temperature, then pop in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. Then pour into a glass with ice, followed by your milk, and enjoy! You can even make this in bulk by multiplying the recipe and storing it in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Are you thinking of breaking up with caffeine? Read here to see if you really need to.
More Coffee-Alternative Recipes To Try
If you enjoyed my Cinnamon Tea Latte with Coconut Milk, then you’ll love my other tasty drink recipes:
- Chai Spiced Chaga Latte
- Cinnamon Vanilla Cordyceps Latte
- Iced Lavender London Fog Latte
- The BEST Matcha Latte
- Instant Pot Apple & Pear Cider
- Super Hot Cocoa
Caffeine-Free Cinnamon Coconut Milk Tea Latte
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (can substitute for cashew or almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp raw honey (optional, omit for Whole30)
- 1/4 tsp ground Ceylon cinnamon for garnish
- Bring water and a cinnamon stick to a boil in a small saucepan and then reduce heat to low to simmer for 15 mins.
- Add milk to a frother or heat up and use a hand frother to make it thick and foamy.
- Once ready, strain the tea in a cup and optionally stir in raw honey. Pour in foamy milk, sprinkle with Ceylon cinnamon, and serve.