I am ALL ABOUT SQUASH SEASON! There are so many varieties and they’re all so delicious and beneficial with nutrients. Today, I’ll be focusing on a fave, the ROASTED SPAGHETTI SQUASH! Only issue? Sometimes it takes a long time to cook… and sometimes it comes out mega soggy. Well, after trying all the ways to roast this thing, I’ve settled on my favorite cooking method.
Spaghetti Squash RINGS.
You just need to cut your squash widthwise into 1-inch rings and roast them up that way… it saves time and has a more consistent result without the soggy factor on your strands.
Ready for all the amazing health benefits of Spaghetti Squash (source)?
- Great source of vitamin A, an essential nutrient responsible for protecting the eyes and skin from cellular damage
- Aids in wound healing from its high levels of Vitamin c
- Good source of antioxidants, helping to fight off free radicals
- Supports bone health with its high calcium content
Quick Roasted Spaghetti Squash Recipe
(Gluten-free, Grain-free, Paleo, AIP, Whole30)
Quick Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- Baking Sheet
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oiI
- sea salt and pepper to taste (omit black pepper for AIP)
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cut spaghetti squash width-wise into 1-inch "rings".
- Arrange the rings on lined baking sheet and use hands to lightly toss in olive oil, sprinkle seasonings on as desired.
- Roast on the middle rack for approx. 30 minutes, flipping half-way. Remove from oven and let it settle for 10 minutes or so before fluffing with a fork and serve/store.
Top this dish with your favorites like meatballs, marinara or pesto sauce, you name it! It’s great for meal prep or on the fly since cutting it up this way saves you some time with cooking. If you try it… let me know! I’d love to see your creations if you tag me @foodbymars on social!
More spaghetti squash recipes: