Everyone needs to know how to make a fast lemon vinaigrette… it’s as tasty as it is simple! I love to pour it all over salads and protein, whatever is on my place because you really can’t go wrong with lemon and olive oil. Everyone also needs to enjoy WATERCRESS because it’s PACKED with health benefits (and even beats out the infamous KALE in many ways) with it’s delicate but peppery flavor and texture. So I’m partnering with Pete’s Living Greens and sharing my Watercress salad with Lemon Vinaigrette.
Did you know cress is ranked highest on the nutrient scale (even more than the all-mighty KALE) based on the nutrient-to-calorie ratio? It has a peppery flavor, contains cancer-fighting compounds, provides thyroid support, helps the body recover after intense bouts of exercise, and has all sorts of vitamins including A, C, and K.
And I always grab the Pete’s Living Greens brand because their products last the longest! This is because of their hydroponic water system, sustainable growing practices, and you buy their greens WITH the roots… making them last much longer and stay fresher (not that they last THAT long with me because I try to eat my greens daily!!).
Watercress Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon or Spicy Brown mustard
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 handfuls watercress (I love Pete's Living Greens)
Optional Salad Additions
- pitted olives
- crushed nuts/seeds to top
- In a small bowl or food processor, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, and sea salt until mixed well.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the oil slowly, while mixing constantly until the dressing is well blended. Season with sea salt and pepper and any other spices you'd like.
- Dress watercress with the vinaigrette, and store the rest of the vinaigrette in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Want to serve it with these crispy chicken thighs? Grab the recipe here!
This post was sponsored by Pete’s Living Greens. All opinions are my own.
As a reminder, I only work with brands I consume myself and would recommend to my clients and followers.
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!