Pumpkin season is in full force and what better way to celebrate than with PIE! Sara over at Cake Over Steak is having a #virtualpumpkinparty and I’m bringing some simple pumpkin pie which is free of: gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar! If you can tolerate coconut flour – this is my go-to coconut flour pie crust recipe, it’s very simple and works so well. This pie (like any pie) would be lovely with some coconut whipped cream on top as well or some chopped pecans which I just may try next time I make it.
I am DEFINITELY having this on my Thanksgiving table this year…
How are you celebrating pumpkins?! Check out all the great recipe inspiration at the #virtualpumpkinparty and join in the fun!
MORE RECIPES at:
adapted from The Coconut Mama
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 14 oz can pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar or maple syrup
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder/starch
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or sub all these seasonings below for 2 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 1/4 tsp clove powder
- sprinkle of freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp Salt
- First make the crust by combining all ingredients and mixing well until a dough forms. You can press the dough into a pie dish or cast iron skillet. Make sure it’s evenly coating your dish.
- Poke a few holes in crust with a fork and set aside (you don’t need to bake it).
- Pre-heat the oven to 350f degrees.
- Make the filling by combining all ingredients with a hand or stand mixer until completely smooth. Taste and add more seasonings if you’d like!
- Pour filling into the crust evenly and place into the oven for approx. 50-60 minutes.
- Remove pie when it has a nice brown coloring and crust is golden.
- Let pie cool and place into the fridge to set for at least 4 hours. When all set, slice and enjoy!
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!