What’s Inside: This banana cream pie parfait recipe is allergen-free, dairy-free, and egg-free, but don’t let that mislead you. It’s delicious! It’s naturally sweetened by the ripe bananas and a touch of raw honey, coconut cream, and homemade crumbly coconut cookies. Are you drooling yet?
How to Make Paleo Banana Cream Pie Parfaits
It’s my birthday, and I’ll parfait if I want to! Seriously though, banana cream pie is one of my all-time favorite desserts, EVER. I remember having it at a restaurant many moons ago and thought they just nailed it! This pie became my favorite from then on. I’ve had it anywhere again that could top that original one, until of course, I decided it was time to make my own dairy-free banana pudding and parfait the heck out of it.
These little cups of joy make one heck of an easy banana cream pie parfait recipe which you can file under AIP DESSERTS, y’all, because it’s egg-free. Naturally sweetened by the ripe bananas and a touch of raw honey, coconut cream, and homemade crumbly coconut cookies … are you drooling with me, yet? Get in on this paleo banana coconut cream pie, stat!
3 Steps to the Best Banana Cream Pie Parfaits
The only thing standing between you and these delicious Paleo banana cream pie parfaits is a little time, some assembly, and a bit of patience. Check out these three steps to get a taste of what’s required:
- First, the dairy-free banana pudding requires no heating. Just mix, cool, and set in the fridge.
- Next up — the crunchy layer of cookies. This crumble layer takes just a few minutes to pulse in the food processor and bake. I had extra leftover that I stored in the fridge and use on top of coconut yogurt with fruit because … why not?
- Lastly, speaking of coconut yogurt, I topped mine with a bit (or you can do more coconut cream if you’d like), more crumbles, and some cute banana slices. A sprinkle of cinnamon never hurt anyone, either, and if you’re not AIP, some chocolate would be great here too!
These paleo banana cream pie parfaits make for a lovely presentation and fun dessert that’s easy to whip up. Check out the recipe below for a complete list of ingredients and instructions. Enjoy!
Easy Paleo Banana Cream Pie Parfait Recipe (AIP, Egg-free, Dairy-free)
Paleo Banana Cream Pie Parfaits
- 1 13.5 oz full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp gelatin powder unflavored
- 3 ripe bananas divided
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder for AIP or omit
- 1 tsp raw honey optional
- Dash of turmeric for color to your liking
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract omit for AIP or sub vanilla powder
- 1 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Add gelatin to coconut milk in a medium mixing bowl, and whisk until well-combined. Let sit or “bloom” for 15 minutes.
- Mash 2 bananas with a fork (should give you approx. 1 cup of mashed bananas) and add to a high-speed blender. Add in coconut milk plus the gelatin mixture, turmeric, vanilla, and sea salt. Blend for 20 seconds or so until well-combined.
- Pour pudding mixture into a bowl and cover well. Leave in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set.
- In the meantime, make crumb mixture by adding crumb ingredients to food processor and spread out on a baking sheet, bake on 350f degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Let sit and come to room temperature.
- Slice remaining banana into thin slices.
- Layer the parfaits by grabbing your serving cups and adding a layer of the crumbs first, followed by some sliced bananas, a layer of pudding and repeat! Finish with whatever toppings you’d like (see above for more ideas). *I had leftover crumbles that I save in the fridge to top my coconut yogurt with!*
More Pudding Recipes To Try
If you’re a fan of my Paleo Banana Cream Pie Parfait, then you’re sure to love these other recipes:
- Island Chia Pudding with Coconut and Mango (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- AIP Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe (Paleo, Dairy-free, Egg-free)
- Blueberry Chia Pudding