What’s Inside: This AIP vanilla ice cream requires only four ingredients and a few minutes to prep before freezing. It’s Paleo, dairy-free, and egg-free, meaning it’s allergen-free and safe to consume. Make it your own by serving it with your favorite summertime dessert!
Nothing Says Summer Like Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Vanilla ice cream goes on top of everything in the summertime. I’m talking fruit bakes, fresh fruit, and straight up in a bowl with some cinnamon. I was craving a simple recipe, but needed it to be low in sugar and without eggs or nuts to make it allergen-free, and this recipe is the result.
Made with just four ingredients, you’ll have healthy and AIP vanilla ice cream stocked in your freezer all summer long!
How to Satisfy Your Vanilla Ice Cream Craving While Staying Allergen-Free
Summer is far from over in my point of view, and ice cream is forever (not exactly like diamonds, but sort of). This AIP vanilla ice cream has been a blessing to me as a favorite topping or after-dinner treat on a humid day. Since there’s not a lot of sugar, I don’t get ridiculous addicted (as I do when I eat store-bought dairy-free ice cream), and the simpler the better. I don’t need too much standing in the way of me and ice cream in the summer, obvi.
I found some fabulous homemade vanilla ice cream references (here and here) for this recipe and made it my own by making it a bit faster and with less sugar. I also used raw honey, which was never heated here so all the good stuff like antimicrobials that raw honey carries could stay intact.
Now … where’s my spoon?
AIP Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe (Paleo, Dairy-free, Egg-free)
AIP Vanilla Ice Cream (Paleo, Dairy-free, Egg-free)
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk (bpa-free lining cans)
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract powder or 2 vanilla beans
- 1 Tbsp gelatin
- First, add 1 cup of coconut milk to a saucepan and add gelatin over top. Let the gelatin "bloom" for 3 minutes.
- Next, heat the saucepan on your stovetop for approx. 10-15 minutes, stirring and making sure none of the gelatin is clumping. It should be evenly smooth.
- Remove that from the heat and pour into a blender. Add in the rest of the coconut milk, raw honey and vanilla.
- Blend on high until well mixed and let sit for a few minutes to come to room temperature.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and let chill for at least 1 hour or 2, until the mixture is cold.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream machine and follow directions according to your machine. Freeze ice cream for several hours or overnight until ready to enjoy!
More Healthy Desserts To Try
If you’re a fan of my AIP Vanilla Ice Cream, then you’re sure to love these other recipes:
- Paleo Banana Cream Pie Parfaits (Dairy-free, AIP, Egg-free)
- Vegan Sweet Corn Ice Cream (no churn)
- Lavander Chai Latte Popsicles (Vegan)