My Popsicle mold is getting put to good use this summer and this time I’m trying something extra fancy! I’m seeing all sorts of creative lattes lately here in NYC coffee shops, amongst your regular coffee ones, matcha ones… I happened by a lavender one- wow. And I do love me some lavender. I’ve been wanting to give chai latte Popsicles a whirl anyway so any excuse to sprinkle edible flowers in a recipe and I will take that challenge. It’s actually so lovely, it goes so well as a compliment to the spicy chai and the extra coconut milk for the latte portion is dreamy.
Make these and eat them with your pinkie popped. Obviously.
Lavender Chai Latte Popsicles//serves 10/vegan
- 2 cups flax milk
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 13oz can coconut milk
- 4 chai spice tea bags (I used this brand)/4 heaping tsp of loose chai spiced tea
- 2 tsp french culinary lavender
- Heat flax milk, 3/4 cup of the coconut milk and coconut nectar in a small saucepan over medium heat until there is a slow simmer (don’t boil).
- Either add the tea and lavender to the saucepan or if you’d like to use a french press – add the milk and loose tea to the french press – let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain or push down using the french press and discard the leftover tea and lavender.
- Let the tea come to room temperature (can pop in the fridge) and pour in popsicle mold, alternating with the remaining coconut milk or leaving coconut milk for the last pour to be at the bottom of the popsicles.
- Freeze overnight and enjoy when ready!
Lavender Chai Latte Popsicles/vegan/10 servings
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!