What’s Inside: You know what rhymes with Fall? Pumpkin! Not really, but they’re basically synonymous these days. And nothing screams Fall like these flourless pumpkin muffins. They’re Paleo and refined sugar-free. These muffins are easy to make and delicious!
Pumpkin Season Means It’s Time for Pumpkin Muffins
Let the PUMPKIN games begin!! I’m fully embracing the pumpkin spice everything and am in love with these delicious, simple Flourless Pumpkin Muffins you can make in a *snap*.
Plus, they’re freezer-friendly so you can make a big batch and have them all season long with an easy reheat sesh in your toaster oven (not the microwave, unless you like your pumpkin muffins soggy, in which case we can’t be friends). Feel free to make this recipe your own, add more nuts, dried fruit, or chocolate chips (like I did in a second batch pictured further down this post).
However you eat them, I hope you enjoy every bite!
Really? Pumpkin Muffins with No Flour at All?
Yup! The exciting part about these muffins isn’t what’s in them; it’s what’s not in them. There is absolutely no trace of flour in these muffins — not even almond flour or coconut flour!
There’s no oil, butter, dairy, or refined sugar, either. Almond butter (my favorite is Georgia Grinders. Use code ‘FOODBYMARS’ for 25% off), eggs, and pumpkin puree come together to magically create fluffy flourless muffins. They’re light, chewy, and moist. Trust me, you won’t miss the flour!
BONUS TIP — Skip the messy cleanup and mix these bad boys in your blender! Just follow these three east steps:
- Add the pumpkin puree, almond butter, maple syrup or honey, eggs, apple cider vinegar, baking soda, vanilla, and pumpkin spice to the canister of a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and incorporated, approx. 1 minute.
- Fold in any additional ingredients, like chocolate chips, by hand with a spatula.
These Muffins Are Totally Customizable
One of my favorite aspects of this flourless pumpkin muffin recipe — other than than they’re Paleo and refined sugar-free — is that they can be customized with your favorite spices and add-ins without compromising the integrity of the muffin itself. Here are some of my favorites:
- Chocolate chips
- Nuts and seeds, like pecans or walnuts in addition to the pumpkin seeds
- Dried fruit
- A drizzle of honey or maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon before serving
If you can’t decide on adding anything extra, just make half of a batch with the add-ins and half without, like I did with dark chocolate chocolate chips. YUM! They were so good in every which way. Trust me, you won’t regret it!
Flourless Pumpkin Muffins Recipe (Paleo, refined sugar-free)
Flourless Pumpkin Muffins (paleo, refined sugar-free)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I like the Enjoy Life allergen-friendly brand)
- Sprinkle of pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds) to top
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin liner or 24 minis. (I ran out of liners, so I simply greased with a little coconut oil and they came out easily after resting for a few minutes)
- Mix all ingredients together and combine well until you have a smooth batter. Taste and adjust any spices or sweetener as needed (I use as little sweetener as possible, so if you like it sweeter. Taste to confirm). See steps in post for how to make in the blender.
- *If making the choco-chip version, fold in the chips with a spatula by hand at the end.
- Evenly distribute the batter in your muffin pan and optionally sprinkle a few pumpkin seeds and some more cinnamon to the top (as shown). Place in the middle rack in the center of your oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes.
- Let the muffins rest and cool on a rack for 10 mins or so. Serve immediately, or store in the fridge or freezer and re-heat later. Enjoy!
More Pumpkin Recipes To Try
If you’re celebrating pumpkin season … have a look at my other pumpkin favorites to add to your list!
- Paleo Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Turmeric Latte (PSTL for short!)
- Paleo Dirty Pumpkin & Sage Risotto (AIP, Grain-free, Whole3o)
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie
- AIP Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars