Gluten-free | Vegetarian
Hello, brunch! I absolutely love speghetti squash and how versatile this is… this quiche has no grains in it, the squash is the base and you know what? You won’t miss a crust when you try this. Promise. The flavor combos in this dish are really well balanced as well. The squash and shallots provide a very subtle sweetness, the spinach and feta are salty, and the baked eggs with a little almond milk have a hearty texture. Perfect for basically any meal of the day… but I do love me some brunch.
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 shallot
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk (I used almond)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch dried thyme
- pinch dried dill
- pinch pepper
- small pinch of salt (the feta is already salty)
- Place the spaghetti squash in a ceramic casserole dish or glass pyrex (whole) in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes at 375f degrees.
- After the squash is ready, split open with a knife, scoop out the seeds and see if you can fork out the squash (it should be slightly under-done so it can continue to cook in the quiche). If you can’t fork any out yet, place back into the oven until you can.
- Spread she squash in a pie dish allover the bottom and up the sides a bit. If you notice liquid squeezing out of the squash, dry up with a paper towel.
- Saute the shallot and spinach in olive oil until tender.
- Separately, in a bowl, mix all other ingredients with beaten eggs.
- Add the shallots and spinach to the egg mix and mix.
- Pour the mixture over the squash in your pie dish and bake at 400f degrees for approx. 45-50 minutes. Serve and enjoy warm!