This one is a quickie but a good one. Carrots taste best sweet in my opinion and what doesn’t taste good slathered in some maple syrup and cinnamon? Not much, is the answer FYI. I use this as a topping on a salad, buckwheat or massaged kale bowl (recipe here) and top it with pepitas!
Perfect for a lazy day… which, I’ve had quite a few after being super tired since I’m clearly getting a cold but am in complete denial about it. Hopefully all the roasted veggies heal me!
vegan & gluten-free // serves 1-2
- 1 lb. carrots
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp+ pepitas for topping
- pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400f degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Half each carrot and chop into similar sizes so they cook evenly (mine are an inch).
- Add carrots to a bowl and mix in the maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt, toss and combine well.
- Save the bowl, add the carrots in a single layer to the baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the carrots out, add them back into that maple syrup-cinnamon covered bowl and add the pepitas, toss everything again and serve!
Hope you enjoy!
Would love to have your feedback below and remember to follow me on
Instagram, Bloglovin’, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for the latest and greatest.