This one is a quickie but a good one. Carrots taste best sweet in my opinion and what doesn’t taste good slathered in some maple syrup and cinnamon? Not much, is the answer FYI. I use this as a topping on a salad, buckwheat or massaged kale bowl (recipe here) and top it with pepitas!
Perfect for a lazy day… which, I’ve had quite a few after being super tired since I’m clearly getting a cold but am in complete denial about it. Hopefully all the roasted veggies heal me!
vegan & gluten-free // serves 1-2
- 1 lb. carrots
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp+ pepitas for topping
- pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400f degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Half each carrot and chop into similar sizes so they cook evenly (mine are an inch).
- Add carrots to a bowl and mix in the maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt, toss and combine well.
- Save the bowl, add the carrots in a single layer to the baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the carrots out, add them back into that maple syrup-cinnamon covered bowl and add the pepitas, toss everything again and serve!