Gluten-free | Vegetarian
I have these out on the table when my guests come in and they’re usually gone in a few minutes. They’re really light and refreshing. If you’ve had feta cheese, you likely know by now that it’s paired well with mostly anything. Very good with sweet since it’s salty but not heavy (hello… watermelon? strawberries?) Combined with cucumbers… it’s so crisp but also creamy, the flavor pairing is perfect and cucumbers are delicious right now! I prefer to get them with seeds and if I can’t find organic ones that looks good, I’ll definitely peel off the outer skin. Have fun and come sail away in some cucumber feta boats!
- Cucumbers (each normal sized cucumber should make approx. 14 boats)
- Feta cheese
- pinch dried oregano
- drizzles of olive oil and red wine vinegar
- Peel cucumbers and slice in half, lengthwise (shown above).
- Using a spoon, or I like an ice cream scoop, remove the seeds and runny inside.
- Pat down dry with a paper towel.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil and vinegar into the middle and break up the feta cheese into crumbles on top.
- Add the pinch of dried oregano over top.
- Slice cucumbers into bite-size “boats”, serve, and receive cute compliments from your guests.