You’re not tired of Christmas cookies yet, right? Oh good, because this EASY-PEASY recipe is one you can’t miss. Did I just say “easy-peasy”? Good lord the Holiday exhaustion is setting in. Anyway, I love a good almond cookie at the holidays, so naturally, I went with an almond flour shortbread cookie!! Cranberry Almond Shortbread Cookies to be exact. If you’re trying to steer clear of a sugar overload this holiday but still have some delish dessert, these just might do the trick for you. Alright, I’ll keep this post short since I fear I’m losing it over here… back to sipping on some Coquito and staring at my tree lights.
These also make great last-minute edible gifts!! I’m wishing you all a very Happy Holidays!! XO
Cranberry Almond Shortbread Cookies (Paleo, Gluten-free)
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 350f degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl and set aside.
- With a stand or hand mixer, beat butter/oil with maple syrup on medium until creamy, add in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add the egg and keep beating until no more yolk remains.
- Slowly add in the dry mix while still beating until a dough forms.
- With a cookie scoop or spoon, drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet in balls, then shape them into crescent moons with your hands and add slivered almonds on top, pressing them onto the top of the cookies.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes, let cool for a few minutes and serve or store in a container.
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!