So many zucchinis left in my kitchen right now! Aside from putting my spiralizer to good use, I had to make my almond zucchini cookies… and this time put a new spin on them which is why I’m calling this ‘part deux’ of these cookies, these aren’t vegan this time around since they’re flourless but my originals are just as delicious if you don’t do eggs, so don’t miss the recipe here. These newbies are extra soft and make a mean ice cream sandwich – they hold onto ice cream perfectly 🙂
How are you using up the last of summer’s seasonal goodies??
makes 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup packed zucchini, shredded (or 1/2 zucchini)
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp coconut nectar (or other sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350f degrees and line a baking sheet.
- Mix all ingredients together with a hand or stand mixer until your cookie batter comes together.
- Scoop cookies out onto parchment paper (I use a cookie scooper which looks like a mini ice cream scooper).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Store in a cookie jar to keep them soft and chewy (because these are SUPER SOFT AND CHEWY!!). These make great ice cream sandwiches 🙂
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!