What’s Inside: This vegan cheese sauce recipe is a staple in my fridge. It’s easy to make and even more delicious to eat!
Homemade Dairy-Free Cheese Sauce
Is there anything cauliflower can’t do?! You already know it’s an easy dairy-free substitute for dishes like alfredo, but now you can turn it into a cheese sauce to use to your heart’s desire! I see a lot of pasta, cheese boards, dips, and comfort casseroles in your dairy-free future.
Looking for more vegan cheese sauce recipes? Check out this roundup of my top three favorites!
This vegan cheese sauce recipe gets its creaminess and nuttiness from the soaked cashews. And the nearly cheesy flavor comes from the nutritional yeast.
Additionally, the lemon juice or vinegar helps with that little bite that cheese has and brings something acidic to your recipe.
Lastly, the sea salt and garlic powder offer key cheesy flavors to this dairy-free cheese sauce, while the arrowroot starch or flour binds it all together.
How To Make Vegan Cheese Sauce with Cashews
All you have to do to make my Cashew Cheese Sauce recipe is throw everything into a blender and puree until smooth and thick. That’s it!
More Dairy-Free Recipes To Try
- 10+ Best Dairy-Free Soup Recipes
- 8+ Caffeine-Free Beverage Recipes
- Paleo Banana Cream Pie Parfaits
- AIP Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Classic Cashew Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups cashews soaked in water for at least 2 hours & drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup filtered water plus more to loosen as needed
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and mix until well-combined, add more water as needed to loosen. Use or store for up to 5-days in the fridge.