This creamy, rich dessert satisfies a chocolate craving with a touch of sweetness from maple syrup, topped with a dollop of whipped coconut cream and fresh berries. Chocolate Avocado pudding is a rich dessert that’s easy to make!
Sharing a favorite go-to in my house: Chocolate Avocado Pudding! Raw desserts are my favorite because they’re usually pretty guilt-free, easy on the stomach and quick to put together. I need all of those components in place especially for summer when the last thing I need to do is use my oven more!! That being said, don’t be shocked if I post a summer pie recipe 😉 but in a pinch, this pudding makes a beautiful presentation, is so creamy and rich… and has 5 key ingredients plus the coconut whipped topping and berries. The healthy fat from the avocado and coconut will keep you feeling full, so this is a great afternoon snack/pick-me-up.
TIP: While you can technically eat this right away, I’d still recommend refrigerating it for at least an hour first because the food processor will make the avocado warm and I’m not so into that taste 🙂 – the pinch of coffee really makes the chocolate that much tastier.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding (Paleo, Dairy-free, Nut-free & Vegan)
A simple dairy-free, raw chocolate pudding made with just 5 key ingredients. Lightly sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup to satisfy a chocolate craving and keep you full with healthy fat from the avocado.
Serves:2 Total time:
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground coffee (use decaf if needed)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Scoop out avocado and add to a food processor, add raw cacao powder and blend.
- Add maple syrup, coffee, vanilla and pinch of sea salt. Blend until well combined and no green from avocado remains.
- Distribute pudding evenly into two serving dishes and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, make the whipped coconut topping: Freeze a mixing bowl for 20 minutes. Use coconut cream from an overnight refrigerated can of full-fat coconut. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla and whip until the cream is thickened.
- Spoon out a tablespoon or two of the coconut cream and top the chocolate pudding. Top with seasonal berries and serve!
Tags: paleo chocolate pudding,raw chocolate pudding,vegan chocolate pudding,dairy-free chocolate pudding,raw paleo desserts,raw vegan desserts,gluten-free desserts
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!