Everyone knows I love a good green sauce, especially… pesto. But after venturing out there into Chimichurri sauce land… I now have a new LOVE. Yes, I admit it, I’m cheating on my pesto sauce!! But I’ve made peace with it, because YOLO and it makes everything from protein to veggies absolutely fancy and delicious with minimal ingredients. The tangy, slightly spicy (if you want it to be) and herbaceous tastes of this sauce makes it so versatile! I hope you love it as much as I do. Store this in the fridge for just about 5-6 days or so, if you make a lot and can’t use it all, simply freeze it in batches so you always have reserves. Delicious go-to flavor bombs like this make healthy eating even more fun and complex.
Easy Chimichurri Sauce
Easy Chimichurri Sauce (Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegan, AIP-Friendly)
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 3 tsp capers
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tsp red pepper flakes (skip for AIP)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor and mix until well chopped up and combined.
- Next, add in the olive oil and mix again to form your sauce. Taste and season as necessary! Serve as a sauce, topping, etc. and store in the fridge for 5-6 days or freeze to have handy.
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!