I love a good summer cookout and BBQ is our jam! I’ve put together a delicious Paleo BBQ Menu to enjoy this season whether you’re in need of some Father’s Day recipes, or the 4th of July, and just any old weekend! These recipes are easy, delish, will make you feel amazing, and work even if you don’t have a grill.
My tips for an awesome Paleo Cookout:
- Get your popsicles (or anything frozen) along with your drinks like my spa waters ready so it’s done and out of the way (AND COLD).
- Prep cold sides like the paleo potato salad ahead of time as well, it only tastes better as it sits, after all! Prep any sauces like chimichurri ahead of time, as well.
- Set the table before guests arrive and get out your favorite serve ware so that’s done for you, too.
- Having extra lettuce and greens on hand for easy salads is always key! Add some strawberry and balsamic or your favorite fresh herbs for a fun seasonal spin.
- Make your sweet potato buns ahead of time and have them ready to go. Since these go in the oven, it might be best to do while it’s cool the night before or early that morning before the heat kicks in!
- A fun idea for the mojitos… set up a whole mojito bar with fresh mint, tea bags, sparkling water, and cut up lime! You can even print out the directions/ingredients for your guests. And for those who want alcohol… leave the rum on the table!
- Now all that’s left to do is grill up the meat and put it all together. Now you can enjoy the day with guests instead of running around!
Sweet Potato Hot Dog Buns
Grain-free and WAY tastier than your average bun, you and your guests won’t be able to put this hot dog down. I love using a good grass-fed and/or nitrate-, nitrite-free hot dog. Applegate Organics makes a great one you can find easily in stores!
Grilled Lamb Chops with Chimichurri
These cook up in a FLASH, so whether you have a legit grill outside or are just using a pan inside, you’re covered. Top with that delicious chimichurri. It’s a fun twist from your average burger, too!
Nobody likes a dehydrated cookout, I’ll tell ya that! You can grab an infusion water bottle to keep your fruit intact and let it sit to infuse! It’s such an upgrade from regular water and people just love it. PRO TIP: You can also try freezing the fruit beforehand to act as ice cubes.
Dairy-free Pesto Potato Salad
While I love a good salad with mayo in it, not everyone is into hot mayo in the summer! So trying a different sauce like pesto with delish radish and any other veggies you’d like to add… makes this really unique. Fun fact – cooked and then cooled white potatoes have a wonderful resistance starch which makes for a great source of your PREBIOTICS (food for your gut bacteria)! So potato salads are wonderful all around. Now, depending on who you ask… white potatoes are not always considered “paleo”. I like many of my friends, disagree. However, you are welcome to sub with sweet potatoes and it’s just as delish!
Iced Tea Mojitos (mocktail or add your own rum!)
I love this mojito recipe so much! I use nettle tea in this version, but you can use any of your favorites like black, green, white, red… etc. I also won’t tell if 2 oz. of rum makes it’s way in there! This puts fresh mint and lime to use in the best way possible.
Dairy-free Cherry Vanilla Popsicles
These are so DELICIOUS and a definite crowd (and kid) pleaser with just a few ingredients. You can’t lose!
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!