This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase.
AUGUST 23 – SEPTEMBER 22
RULING PLANET: MERCURY
COLOR: Brown, Tan, White
KEYWORDS: Organization, Efficiency, Service
Virgos are highly organized, methodical and analytical. They make for wonderfully dependable friends and are seen as a rock or support system that anyone can count on. This is because of their need to serve, they make excellent hosts and caregivers and because of this tend to be more responsible, mature and wise beyond their years. As they constantly have a need to organize, they are usually perfectionists in one way or another – their attention to detail and strong work ethic is remarkable, making them steady and successful at work.
Ruled by Mercury, Virgos are also very intelligent and persuasive. As earth signs, their loyalty and dependability is matched with their hard working and head-strong mentalities. They tend to be more economical with money but also very generous when it comes to lending a helping hand with either money, time or by offering their support without even being asked. Their high standards are not just an expectation but a way of life, not just for their work, but for their own performance – they can be highly critical of themselves as any perfectionist can be. Many Virgos are very health and fitness conscious, and if they work hard, they’ll play hard too.
Shopping for a Virgo? Take a cue from my first photo – THEY ARE BUSY. Think: organization… get them a tricked out day planner, a pretty calendar or gift card to the Container Store 😉 Like I mentioned, they work hard – so it would be nice to treat them to a spa day so they can relax a bit. Show them you care and plan out the day for them for once! Or if they’ve already taken charge of that… make sure you sneak in your own surprises along the way. They deserve something special!
Happy Birthday, Virgo! I was inspired by perfectionism as well as service with these lovely, totally serve-able tarts – meant to be passed around at a party and shared with friends as Virgo would have it no other way! Virgos do not sit still… so sitting for a big cake is likely not their top choice. These babies are portable, fun to assemble, and PRETTY. Also, the ALOHA protein powder I threw in there for the delicious vanilla aspect is a nod to their fitness and health-loving personalities. This protein powder is the only one I’d ever put in a dessert… because it tastes so delicious and ties this tart together beautifully.
How can Virgo inspire you? Get it together, guys! I know I need to. The drama leftover from Leo has probably taken us all astray from our favorable routines. Time to re-vamp to find yours again and support your friends doing the same. Get that fitness and nutrition schedule together… enjoy the tail end of Summer your way and stay in control! I know I will 🙂
Raw Vanilla, Almond & Fig Tarts / serves 6 //vegan/gluten-free
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 6 dried black mission figs
- 1 tsp maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp+ coconut oil
- 1 14oz coconut milk can, top cream only
- 1/4 cup ALOHA Vanilla Protein Powder (or other vanilla powder or 2 tsp. vanilla extract)
- 3-6 fresh black mission figs
- optional topping: slivered almonds
- In a food processor, add all crust ingredients and mix until the mixture is sticky. Add more coconut oil as needed, but the nuts should be oily enough.
- In a muffin tin or tart tins, place strips of parchment paper (1 or 2) so you can easily lift the crust out when it’s formed.
- Add crust to each tin and press into place, use all of the crust – it should be thick enough to hold the cream.
- Place tins in the fridge for as long as you can (at least 30 minutes), it’s ready once you can lift the crusts out of the tin (test it first).
- Meanwhile, add the top cream from your coconut can to a bowl and whip with a hand or stand mixer for a minute. Then add in the vanilla protein powder (or other vanilla powder or extract). Keep whipping until everything is properly mixed and no powder remains (you may need to use a spatula to help it along).
- Add whipped cream with your spatula to a piping bag or plastic ziploc bag and snip a corner.
- Pipe the cream into each tart and top off with sliced figs and slivered almonds if you have them! Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!