Well, my immune system has been quite challenged as of late with spring allergies about! I’ve literally been blowing my nose for two weeks strait… (did I share too much?) So needless to say, I’ve been making a lot of soup lately. It’s been helping for sure. And this one is pretty easy to throw together and FAST.
I was excited to get my hands on some lemongrass and thought it might do wonders in a pea soup… well, I was so right. The allergies did not take my imagination… though it did make me look like Rudolph for a good week. Anyhoo! This soup is thick, creamy with a little kick (or more if you like!). And that color is amazing! This is a simple standby recipe you can easily add into your spring menu.
serves 4-6 // vegan & gluten-free
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups frozen or fresh peas
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp yellow curry
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, minced (if you’re new to lemongrass, check this out)
- 1/2 can coconut milk (full fat is creamier!)
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat and add chopped onions, saute until soft for 5 minutes or so. Next add the chopped garlic, stirring for a couple of minutes (don’t let it burn).
- Add peas, minced or finely chopped lemongrass, and water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, you can lower the heat to low, add the curry while it simmers for 10-15 minutes, covered.
- Turn the heat off and add the coconut milk, with either an emulsion blender or pouring it into a blender, blend the soup until smooth. If it’s too thick, you can just add water to thin it out or if you want it thicker… add more coconut milk! Serve.
Hope you enjoy!
Would love to have your feedback below and remember to follow me on
Instagram, Bloglovin’, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for the latest and greatest.