Tired of roasting vegetables yet? Good, me neither. Here is another one for the list of go-to, slightly crispy, scrumptious sides you scarf down while hiding inside from the cold. Fun fact, there is often broccoli in my fridge on a count of my husband hearing once it is very healthy for women… so he buys it whenever he sees it and has begged me to find ways of incorporating it into a lot of side dishes. Sweet, right? Yes, yes it is. It’s also forced me to get creative with broccoli since I can only have it boiled or sauteed so much before wanting to take a permanent broccoli break. Enter: baking sheet and olive oil.
This recipe will fix your tired broccoli slump and make you love it again or even more than you already do. Roasting it, like roasting most things, brings out a whole new flavor and mixing it with lemon and parmesan just makes sense. The sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts add sweetness and crunch… and the colors?! Did you see the pic? Get that baking sheet out, as if you ever put it away…
- Head of fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- juice of 1 lemon
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of garlic powder
- handful of pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425f degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix broccoli florets with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Spread broccoli on the baking sheet and roast for approx. 20-25 minutes until its nicely browned.
- Let broccoli rest while mixing the lemon juice, parmesan cheese, pin nuts and sun-dried tomato slices in a mixing bowl.
- Add broccoli to the mixing bowl and coat with the lemon juice and other ingredients. Serve.