Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and chocolate will be EVERYWHERE. I don’t know about you, but chocolate is my weak spot. Chocolate pudding is extra near and dear to my heart… why wouldn’t it be, it involves me shoveling spoonfuls of chocolate into my mouth.
I’m sharing one of my favorite chocolate chia recipes here plus some raspberry mousse to make it extra special (and pink). Between the whipped coconut cream and the chia seeds, this dessert has all the fluff you could want, is not overly sweet (no refined sugar), and is easy to put together over night. So whether you’re psyched for an evening out (50 Shades of Grey viewing?) or you’re too freezing to even go outside… having this waiting for you in the fridge is the best option in literally every scenario. And is surely better than drug store chocolates (just say NO!)… if you get more expensive ones than that, you do what you need to do.
Chocolate Chia Layer-
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk (full-fat preferred, but not required)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Raspberry Creme Layer-
- 1 can refrigerated full fat coconut milk (required! I recommend this brand for the best consistency)
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- For the Chocolate Chia layer, mix all ingredients in a blender until well combined like a smoothie. (For an optional nice step, in your serving dishes, you can use some chocolate syrup or melted dark chocolate to coat the bottom prior to placing the mixture in)
- Pour the chocolate mix into your serving dishes and cover. Refrigerate overnight or at least 3-4 hours.
- Separately, using a food processor or the blender again, combine the raspberries and sweetener. Pulse until it appears to be a raspberry syrup.
- Next, using a hand or stand mixer, prep the cream. Scoop out the coconut cream from the coconut milk can, it should have separated in the refrigerator. Do not use any of the liquid, save it for smoothies in your fridge.
- Add the coconut cream to the mixer and beat it for 1-2 minutes until peaks start to form. Add the raspberry syrup to the cream and mix until combined (AND PINK!).
- Place the raspberry creme into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for the same time as the chocolate layer (it will thicken up a bit more).
- Assemble! After both layers have set in the fridge, add the raspberry layer on top of the chocolate chia layer and serve! That was easy…