This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase.
Protein is so important especially in the morning for energy and even more so after a workout for recovery! So during the weekdays, I’m on the go, smoothies are usually how I sneak it in. On the weekends, I love having eggs for breakfast and that takes care of that. Since it’s now summer and you must know by now that overnight breakfasts are the JAM – I am on a roll with the overnight bowls and decided to throw a scoop of my FAVORITE protein powder which happens to be vanilla, to have the best of both worlds. Plus, since this is a quinoa bowl… quinoa already has protein. Double the fun 🙂
More on protein powder…I’ve been using ALOHA brand, and guys, if you’ve ever tried protein powder – you know there is MUCH to be desired. The taste is usually off-putting and if it’s not initially… that aftertaste will get ya! I always find myself covering it up with a bunch of other flavors, until I found this stuff. It’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and it tastes SO GOOD. To the point that I skipped eggs this past weekend because I needed a vanilla smoothie. Yes, that’s where I’m at mentally. Anyway, I’d highly recommend checking it out if you’re in the market for protein powder, and take 20% off while you’re at it with my discount code: ALOHAMARS20. I’m already putting in my order for tin #2…
Anyway, overnight breakfasts leave more time for your morning hustle… or your morning relaxing, whichever it is for you. I literally JUST got back from an amazing trip and I’m sitting here enjoying some ‘me’ time over this delicious bowl and tidying up my notes on all the amazing places I visited. Be a morning person this summer with me 🙂
serves 1 // gluten-free & vegan
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk (almond, coconut, hemp)
- 1 scoop protein powder (ALOHA Vanilla Protein)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp coconut nectar (or maple syrup, honey)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Toppings: more blueberries, slivered almonds or granola, etc.
- In a blender or manually, quickly mash the blueberries so the juices start flowing! Put them in your bowl or mason jar(s).
- Add cooked quinoa, milk, protein powder, chia seeds, coconut nectar (or honey, syrup), and cinnamon to the bowl with blueberries and mix well. A whisk or fork should do the trick.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and pop it in the fridge and let sit overnight. The next morning, add your toppings and serve!
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!