Gluten-free | Vegan
HAPPY HALLOWEEN… almost. I’m giving you your TREAT early… and what’s the TRICK? It’s NO-BAKE. Why No-Bake you ask? Because I’m sure you are busy with all the Scorpio birthday parties, Halloween costume planning/buying/making… and quite possibly are just too exhausted to actually have to bake something right now after Mercury Retrograde strait up just TOOK. IT. OUT. OF. YOU. Phew! So chill out with these bars, you can either make them frozen as I have them shown in a loaf pan OR you can simply refrigerate in a pie or tart dish.
I also have some extra goodies for you… my FAVORITE spooky-themed treats that would make any All Hallows’ Eve or Dia de los Muertos a good time. All gluten-free and as healthy as can be (besides sticking a brown skewer in an orange and calling it a pumpkin).
First up, the recipe…
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 5 large sliced medjool dates (pits removed)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 15oz can pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (or equal parts cinnamon, cardamom)
- Coconut cream scooped off of a coconut milk can (refrigerate overnight and only take the cream that separates at the top, do not take the liquid… save it for a smoothie!)
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- Toppings shown: pecans and dairy-free chocolate chips
- Place parchment paper in a loaf pan or pie tin.
- Mix all crust ingredients in a blender until ground and press into the pan in a layer.
- Refrigerate the crust while you make the filling.
- Blend all filling ingredients together and pour it over the chilled crust, spread evenly and pour toppings as desired.
- Freeze for a couple of hours or overnight and defrost for a few minutes before serving (or if using a pie tin, you can simply refrigerate for a chilled raw pie).
Let’s keep the party going with some amazing and creative Halloween-themed treats from the VERY talented Cara over at Fork and Beans blog. All gluten-free, vegan, and too pretty to eat (but you do, you eat them.)… it doesn’t get much more festive than this, people. AND BONUS – These are no-bake too.
BUAHAHAHAHA (evil Halloween laugh),