Instead of decking my halls with alcohol this year, I’m going for healthy fats and collagen… HAHA. #NutritionNerd STATUS. That doesn’t mean I can give up the deliciousness that is coquito. I grew up drinking it virgin, then advanced to the Bacardi version my Grandmother makes every single year. No one makes it better than her (most Puerto Ricans say that about their Abuelas too), and getting tipsy with your gorgeous, silly grandmother is one of the most fun things EVER. But my copycat Paleo Coquito will have to do.
I swapped out the eggs and condensed milk for pure coconut cream and the rest is simple.
Mix that up with your favorite dairy-free milk (more coconut, almond, or cashew would all be great) and collagen, of course. This is a great base for those who are drinking alcohol too!
The combo of cinnamon and vanilla with coconut is what MAKES THIS. You’ll see what I mean… SALUD!
Collagen-boosted Paleo Coquito (dairy-free, AIP-friendly)
- 1 can coconut cream
- 3/4 cup dairy-free milk (almond, coconut, or cashew) (coconut for AIP)
- 1/2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder for AIP
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6-8 scoops unflavored collagen peptides (I use Vital Proteins)
- 1/2 Tbsp raw honey
- shredded coconut
- Bring all ingredients except honey to a small simmer over the stove in a pot. Stir frequently with a wooden spoon so everything is well combined.
- Once your mixture is thick and mixed well, pour it into a high-speed blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds. Add raw honey, blend for 15 seconds and pour coquito into a bottle.
- Chill in the fridge, when nice and cool, serve with extra cinnamon and shredded coconut!
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!