I’m ba-ack from vacation!! It was so good to get away and have fun, clear my schedule, disconnect (minus posting photos… obvi) and to experience new places. I’ll get into more details on another post since I was so inspired for new recipes I’ll be testing out!! In the meantime, I hit the ground running once I came back to meal prep and get back on my feet. For some reason I was craving pineapple and one of my favorite ways to eat pineapple is mixed with savory flavors. I stumbled on some beautiful cauliflower at my local market and went to town making a ‘fried rice’ with the pineapple!! What a perfect batch recipe to make… and you can keep it in the fridge, ready to match with your protein of choice or greens, whatever you’d like. This is definitely making it’s way into more of my meal prep marathons!! Plus it’s so easy.
Do you love pineapple fried rice? You won’t miss the real rice here, cauliflower rice is even easier since you won’t have to soak it, boil it and pray you don’t make it overly sticky or burned – simply cut it into florets, zip it in a food processor and sauté! Voila. Plus it’s a lower carb option that will still keep you full. SCORE.
I hope you try it and can easily fit it into meal prep for lunches or sides to your dinner… I also wish I had more leftover, but my husband found my batch tupperware stash and demolished it!! Yes, that’s right – it’s husband approved. If you eat meat, and want to mix some in the rice instead of on top… ham or bacon would be so good to go Hawaiian style! And if you’re not vegan, try adding in some egg for protein, the toasted cashews I top this with is also packed with protein so you have so many options to square out this meal even more. Enjoy!!
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions, sliced and separated in half
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- optional: 1 egg
- topping: 1/2 cup cashews, toasted
- Make the cauliflower rice by chopping fresh cauliflower into florets and adding to a food processor. Pulse the cauliflower until it’s formed into rice, add to a bowl and set aside.
- Make the sauce by whisking the coconut aminos/tamari, turmeric powder, and ginger together and set aside.
- Toast cashews by spreading out on a baking sheet and baking in the oven or toaster oven on 350f degrees for approx. 10 minutes until golden – watch carefully to not burn! Set aside.
- To a non-stick skillet or cast iron pan, add oil over medium-low heat. Add half the green onions and minced garlic. Stir around with a wooden spoon for 3-4 minutes until soft – be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Next, raise the heat slightly to medium and add in the chopped carrots, peas, pineapple, remaining green onions and cauliflower rice one at a time while stirring after each addition. *If adding the egg, create a well in the center of the pan, crack an egg and stir immediately in the center at first until it starts to cook and then stir across the entire pan to evenly distribute.* Let cook for 3 minutes stirring the whole time.
- Add in the sauce, stir and let cook for a couple more minutes. Season with pepper and taste – add salt if needed.
- Top with toasted cashews and serve! Stores very well in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!