Gluten-free | Vegan
Whether you’re tired from all the Thanksgiving cooking or eating or both… an easy, healthy soup should make a lot of sense right now. Even if it’s just to dip your 9th turkey sandwich into. You are looking at one of my favorite soups right here. It checks off every box: quick, healthy, delicious. Donezo. Some of the best lentil soup I’ve had was in Greece where they’ll usually add red wine vinegar before serving as I’ve done here. Super good! Lemon is awesome too.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Finely chop or use a food processor to dice up the onions and carrots.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a soup pan or dutch oven and add onions and carrots, sauté for approx. 6-8 minutes.
- Finely chop or mince the garlic and add to the pan on top of the onions and carrots, saute for a minute.
- Season veggies with salt, pepper, and oregano, then add the lentils and continue to saute for a minute or two.
- Add vegetable broth, water, bay leaf, and tomato paste and stir, bring all to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to a low setting, cover the pan and simmer for approx. 30 minutes.
- Before serving, drizzle the vinegar and stir soup, then ladle into serving bowls.
Hope you enjoy!
Would love to have your feedback below and remember to follow me on
Instagram, Bloglovin’, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for the latest and greatest.