I’ve been using a lot of Dijon mustard lately, I teamed up with Maille for a sponsored post later in the month and it’s been creeping it’s way into my food ever since!! It also helps that I had literally ran out of mustard as I got my new one 😉 – meant to be.
This time, the mustard found it’s way into my potato salad… And I’m in love with the flavor! I also added raw grated carrots because I’m not a fan of the boiled carrot… That mushiness is not for me. Only thing boiled here are some pretty purple and white fingerling potatoes I stumbled upon at the green market in Union Square! This is a perfect lunch side, pack it for a picnic or for a weekday lunch and you’re set.
- 2 heaping cups of chopped fingerling potatoes
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp vegenaise or mayonaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- garnish: carrot greens or flat leaf parlsey
- Prep potatoes by washing the skin and chopping into bite sized pieces, add to a pot and cover with water. Heat over the stovetop (uncovered) until boiling.
- Meanwhile, add the mustard, veganaise, minced garlic and grated carrot to a large bowl. Lightly mix with a fork until the dressing comes together.
- Once potatoes are boiling, stick them with a fork – once tender (but not falling apart), remove from heat and strain in a colander. Let sit until potatoes are warm to the touch.
- Add potatoes to the large bowl over the dressing and mix with a rubber spatula until potatoes are coated.
- Add salt, pepper and greens for garnish. Stir once more and serve!
Hope you enjoy!
Would love to have your feedback below and remember to follow me on
Instagram, Bloglovin’, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for the latest and greatest.
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!