Cold soup. Something I discovered years ago and on 90 degree days in NYC… I can see why it works. If smoothie bowls can be popular… This can be too. It’s basically a smoothie bowl with veggies and usually some kind of bread component, I used almond flour in mine (for a little thickness). Have you tried gazpacho?? If you love cucumber and basil, I would urge you to give this recipe a whirl because it tastes like a fresh garden in your mouth and who I ask doesn’t want to experience that?
It also keeps well for 2 days in the fridge, so it’s found it’s way into my meal prep on more than one occasion this summer. Grab your leftover veggies, some fresh herbs if you have them, almond flour and throw it into your blender. Voila!
Cucumber Basil Gazpacho/serves 2//vegan//gluten-free
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeds taken out
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- garnish: salt, pepper, hemp seeds
- Half cucumbers and scoop out the seeds using a spoon (or an ice cream scoop works great), discard seeds.
- Slice cucumbers, tomatoes and onions in quarters.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Garnish with cucumber slices, salt, pepper and hemp seeds if you have them!
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!