This is one of my favorite ways to eat zucchini… baked zucchini fries! It makes a delicious and easy appetizer or side for any meal, it’s low-carb and bursting with flavor and texture, plus you can get as creative as you’d like with the dipping situation if you want. This will be your go-to zucchini fries recipe all summer-long to enjoy those beautiful, seasonal zucchinis — trust me!
Baked Zucchini Fries (Paleo, Gluten-free, Low-carb)
Baked Zucchini Fries
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425f degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut zucchini into thick slices and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix almond meal with seasonings.
- In a separate shallow bowl crack eggs and whisk together.
- Dip zucchini pieces into the egg wash, then dredge in almond meal mix. Make sure they are well coated.
- Add each piece to a baking sheet, make sure they're not overlapping.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway with tongs to get them crispy and golden on each side.
- Serve zucchini fries warm with your favorite dipping sauce of choice! I love marinara and pesto or nothing at all.
For more easy favorites or the “essentials” as I call them… look here!