I was so happy to contribute to my friend, Lauren’s beautiful blog (empoweredsustenance.com) which is an amazing resource for not just grain-free recipes, but health and wellness in general. Today I’m sharing some of my FAVORITE muffins! (Click here to go directly to recipe)
Hoarding cranberries and freezing all the bags during this time of year is one of those activities that makes me feel a bit devious… because they are my absolute favorite and I want to have them on hand all year long! I have always loved that tart lip-smack a good cranberry juice, cranberry sauce, or… Flourless Cranberry Chocolate Muffin gives you!
To balance the tart out, I, of course, had to add some delicious dark chocolate and one of my favorite sweeteners: maple syrup. I’ve also tried this with monk fruit sweetener which works well too. Enjoy this easy and delicious recipe!
More reasons to love cranberries and unsweetened cranberry juice:
- Great for digestion, one cup of cranberries has approx. 4.6 grams of fiber
- Can help prevent an overgrowth of Candida
- High in vitamin C, and can give your immune system a boost when you feel a cold coming on
- Prevents urinary tract infections
- Higher in antioxidants than other fruits and berries
- Lower in sugar than many other fruits
- Great for oral health, the PACs that help fight against UTIs and Candida also prevent excess bacteria in the mouth
- Can lower LDL cholesterol