Who else gets cravings for a little baked good now and again? Well after the holidays with treats and sweets everywhere… the sweet tooth withdrawal is hitting me a bit. That’s why it’s good to have a quickie microwave (or oven!) blondie cake recipe ready to go. I do not snack past 8pm, it’s one of those simple adjustments you can make and see big results and feel much better each morning. So when it’s 7:30 at night and I know I want a dessert to #treatmyself …this fluffy blondie is everything I need and I’m done well before 8. Hows that for a hack to have your cake and eat it to?! Plus… this all takes place in 1 bowl, because you don’t need to do anymore dishes.
Thoughts on microwaves… they’re not the most nutritious way to cook and I use mine rarely, (which is nice because I hate cleaning them), but they’re good to have in a pinch. The great part about this recipe is, the choice is yours depending on if you own one and depending on how often you like to use them. This brings me back to mug cakes in college dorm rooms… except it’s much better 😉
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp ALOHA vanilla protein (use my 20% off code: ALOHAMARS20)
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup of milk (any kind will do)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 heaping Tbsp. chocolate chips
- Add first 5 ingredients to a microwave safe bowl or oven safe dish depending on what you’re using to cook. Stir until well combined.
- Add sweetener, milk, and the egg and whisk until you have a smooth batter. Fold in chocolate chips and you can leave some to sprinkle on top.
- Cook using microwave or oven (directions for each are below).
- Microwave: Cook on high for 2½ to 3 minutes, depending on microwave strength. It should be fluffy and not moist, you can check with a fork.
- Oven: Bake at 375f degrees for 10-12 minutes, check frequently and you might need to turn your dish around once mid-way through. Also check with a fork, it should be fluffy when done.
- Eat immediately and enjoy with some cinnamon sprinkled over top or whipped coconut cream if you want this to be extra decadent.
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!