Lots of excitement right about now in the Mars kitchen.
Guys, I’ve fallen in love… with an appliance, that is. I just made the most fabulous almond butter, probably ever. If you’ve made almond butter before, you know the patience it requires and the challenges depending on how you make it. Having a super powerful blender to handle the task makes a HUGE difference. I previously had to make almond butter in batches with my tiny food processor and it ran my patience! Well now, the stars aligned and mama got her hands on this beauty: The WOLF Gourmet High Performance Blender. I’m so stoked that I can easily make: dips, nut butters, milks, soups, smoothies, juices and more in this one blender. I love the digital timer and the different settings you can use depending on what you’re making. For my almond butter, I used ‘manual’ AND the handy-dandy tamper it comes with that fits perfectly into the blade crevices when you need to manually push the almond butter around. Seriously, made that step so much easier.
The blender takes pretty much anything I throw at it, or in it.
No worries. No frustration. No weird noises because I clearly put something in a machine that I shouldn’t have (whoops).
The Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender can be purchased at: Sur La Table, Bloomingdales, & Frontgate
Here’s where you get excited: WOLF Gourmet has been so wonderful and is giving one of these babies AWAY so you can fall in love too!
Make sure you enter below! Good luck!
(makes approx. 1 cup almond butter)
- 2 cups Raw organic almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350f degrees and spread almonds out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast almonds for approx. 10-12 minutes and drop into high performance blender or food processor.
- Blend/process the nuts for approx. 10-15 minutes, stopping every couple of minutes to manually stir every once in a while in order to keep everything even. I used the tamper above, you can also use a spatula or bottom of a wooden spoon. Be patient!
*Optional flavor boosters: a little coconut oil (can also help to make it smoother if you need to, cinnamon, honey or maple syrup, sea salt.
So, I’m also excited because I took that deliciously simple and smooth almond butter and made one of my absolute favorites: French Toast!
I went through this one obsession where I ordered it at every brunch, determined to find the best french toast in my town. (That was prior to me discovering gluten was a no-no for me… glad I got that out of my system. My jeans were glad too.)
I digress, this is the first time I’ve used almond butter in the french toast batter and it really took it to another level. As it does with everything I add it to. Hey vegans (or those of you who ran out of eggs), feel free to omit the eggs in this recipe and add 1 more tablespoon of almond butter instead! It thickens it up so nicely.
Bananas and cinnamon are my go-to toppings, but any seasonal fresh fruit would be lovely.
- 6 slices of gluten-free bread
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs (or sub in an additional tbsp of almond butter)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Mix last 5 ingredients with a whisk until well-combined and frothy.
- If gluten-free bread is frozen, de-frost or zap in the microwave until soft (so it can soak up the batter).
- Dip each piece of bread, flipping a couple of times in the batter – make sure the bread soaks up a lot of batter and lay each slice on a plate.
- Heat a cast iron or non-stick griddle over medium heat and grease with coconut oil.
- Once griddle is heated up, add slices and cook each slice for approx. 2-3 minutes on each side till golden brown. Store slices in a mildly heated oven or “keep warm” set oven. Optionally top with more almond butter, fresh fruit, syrup and cinnamon!
WOLF Gourmet High Performance Blender GIVEAWAY
To participate, you must be 18 years or older and reside in the 50 United States or D.C., Hamilton Beach is unable to ship to P.O. Boxes. This giveaway is open until Monday, January 25, 2016 at 11:59pm EST. One randomly selected winner will be chosen to win a Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be selected.
Disclosure: I was not compensated to write this post. Wolf Gourmet is generously providing the Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender for one reader. My opinions are my own.
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!