I could eat guacamole on anything and everything, who’s with me? It’s addicting. My favorite is mango guacamole, something about that tanginess just does it for me, guys. Guacamole is also pretty simple to make, so this recipe’s measurements are pretty caveman style if I do say so myself. But I always make it this way, and it’s always gone in a matter of minutes, so there you have it, fail-proof, 5-ingredient guac with a tropical twist. Your summer table just got sassier. More time to spend with your guests and less time in the kitchen!
My most recent time making this was for a BBQ and I remember being concerned it would turn brown sitting out on the table but it didn’t last long enough for that so I can’t say I noticed!! Also, make sure you save a little bit of lime juice for right before you serve it – that helps keep the color in case your guests are late 😉 I also think my favorite tortilla chips are the Late July brand – super thin and crispy, not oily at all and no allergens like gluten or dairy! They’re also Non-GMO. OH AND… I topped the guac off with my salt from Ibiza that I picked up on my recent vacation!! Deeeelish 🙂
5-Ingredient Mango Guacamole Recipe: serves 2-4 / vegan// gluten-free
- 1 small-medium avocado, ripe (when you can press the stem/nub in)
- handful of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup+ fresh mango, diced (save more for garnish)
- quarter of 1 red onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- Dice mangoes into small cubes, chop cilantro leaves and finely chop red onion – toss everything into a bowl.
- Then, open the avocado and spoon the inside out into the bowl, add the juice of 1 lime and a pinch of salt.
- Mix everything together with a spoon or fork and serve with chips or veggies for dipping!
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!