Chewy, warm and comforting cookies… ahhh. I get a craving for them strait out of the oven every once in a while. Usually when I’m home bound on a rainy evening, which is exactly how it struck me when I put together these beauties. It’s a miracle I was even able to get some pictures from some leftover light there was outside! Now that summer is winding down, I’m using up the last of the zucchini and eggplant, and some shredded green zucchini made it’s way into these delicious cookies. I’m super proud of them, while I love using just almond or peanut butter to make cookies and do it often… good nut butters are expensive! So I wanted to use some “flour” as well. I’m doing a mix of mostly almond meal and a little coconut flour – both are grain and gluten-free, it’s also making for a lower carb option which I’m all about 🙂 These will cure your end of summer sadness… as it did mine. For like, 5 minutes. I guess I’ll go shop online for fall clothes to further ease the pain now… GO MAKE THESE!
Almond Zucchini Cookies//makes 18/Grain-free/Gluten-free/Vegan/Low-carb
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, plus more for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350f degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- To a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients (almond meal/flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda and spices). With a whisk, combine all ingredients well.
- To another mixing bowl, add all wet ingredients (almond butter, syrup, shredded zucchini and extracts). Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the ingredients until well combined.
- Start adding the dry ingredients into the wet while still mixing until cookie batter forms. Let sit for a few minutes when finished.
- Scoop batter onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets, optionally sprinkle more slivered almonds on top and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a rack for 5+ minutes before serving.
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!