I love using up ingredients at the end of the week and throwing it into an omelette or frittata for a quick and healthy, filling breakfast. It’s a great way to use up veggies while making your eggs more flavorful and packed with vitamins. I have been amping up my egg intake as recommended by my nutritionist for a boost with my skin and hair health because eggs are so great for that. So I’m finding more creative ways of making them… and frittatas might take a little bit longer than a quick scramble but these pillowy eggs are worth the wait!
Basil Zucchini Frittatas/serves 2//gluten-free
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded zucchini or squash
- 1/4 cup basil, cut into ribbons
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of turmeric
- dash salt, pepper
- coconut oil for oiling up the ramekins
- Pre-heat oven to 350f degrees. Lightly oil two small ramekins and set aside.
- Crack two eggs in each ramekin and lightly beat with a fork. Add in cut up basil and zucchini, keep beating or whisking until mixed. Add in seasonings and lightly stir.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 mins. Serve warm or it can be kept in the fridge for 2 days.
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!