Gluten-free | Vegan
Thanksgiving prep is in full swing since I’ve been working on my side recipes! This simple mashed potato recipe is not only perfect for guests but great to make in a pinch when you’re strapped for time as well. I love keeping the skins on the potatoes (since that’s where a lot of the nutrients are!), as long as they’re organic and scrubbed very well (with water and a brush for the best results. I use this one ). Coconut milk or creamy almond milk are my favorites for this, but it’s flexible with whatever you prefer to use.
I love eating this just with salt and pepper but when I have some mushrooms, I’ll saute them with butter, rosemary and a little splash of vegetable broth for a quick mushroom gravy and throw it on top of the potatoes. So many options, so I make it pretty often.. that and I just love my masher, wh
- 4 Russet potatoes, skin on and scrubbed (preferably organic)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk (I recommend coconut or creamy almond)
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- After scrubbing potatoes, chop into quarters and place in a pot with water covering all potatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Boil for approx. 10 minutes until potatoes are soft, test them with a fork to make sure.
- Drain potatoes well and return to the pot, add minced garlic while mashing the hot potatoes (the garlic should start melting into the potatoes as you mash them).
- Add the butter and then the milk while still mashing.
- Keep mixing until it’s at the desired consistency (add more milk or butter depending).
- Finish with salt and pepper and serve.
Hope you enjoy!
Would love to have your feedback below and remember to follow me on
Instagram, Bloglovin’, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for the latest and greatest.