Gluten-free | Vegan
Blueberries are winding down and cooler weather is coming… no really, today was pretty chilly. Yet here I am, stuffing a no-bake frozen treat in my mouth. Because it’s delicious and because I’m holding on to summer any way I can!! Kidding aside, no-bake desserts are awesome. This is no different… get your cashews ready and soaked… and fall in love with these vegan cheesecake bars. The blueberry and lemon combo is so underrated! Hope you enjoy!
3/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup pecans
5 large sliced medjool dates (pits removed)
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries (more for garnish is optional)
- 1tsp honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup of raw cashews (soaked in warm water for at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (refrigerate canned full fat coconut milk and use the cream at the top, 1 can will do)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Process all crust ingredients until sticky. Press mixture into the lined pan evenly and put in the freezer to set while you make the filling.
- In a small saucepan, combine all blueberry layer ingredients and simmer (5-10 mins). Remove from heat and let sit.
- Blend all filling ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the crust from the freezer, and layer on the blueberry mixture. Then, layer cheesecake filling on top of that and freeze for at least 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, thaw it out for approx. 5-10 minutes at room temperature and garnish with more blueberries and lemon zest! Keeps well in the freezer.