What’s Inside: This collection of 8+ caffeine-free drinks with delicious, healthy, and energizing recipes as a coffee alternative or change of pace to sugar–laden cafe drinks! They’re dairy- and gluten-free with Paleo, Whole30, and AIP options. Cheers!
Quitting caffeine or taking a break can leave many of us scratching our heads when it comes to replacing a habitual morning or afternoon cuppa, am I right? Well, I’ve gotcha with these tasty and energizing caffeine-free drinks. You can use many of these as a coffee alternative, or just a good for you non-caffeinated hot or iced drink to sip on. There’s lots of variety depending on your needs and tastes, so get ready to try something new while skipping the jitters, crashing, or eye-twitching (not speaking from experience or anything…).
All of these recipes are dairy-free and gluten-free, Paleo, and have Whole30 or AIP options. There’s literally something for everyone!
Do you really *have to* skip caffeine? Read here to find out how to know if you do, plus why you might want to for healthy hormones.
As a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, and busy mom who’s managing Hashimoto’s… supporting adrenal health, hormones, and digestion are always on my radar. And while I used to be a devout coffee drinker, I know that less is more when it comes to caffeine for my health and my energy. I enjoy the occasional cup of (decaf) coffee way more now that I’m not dependent on it and have plenty of other options to enjoy!
I have a feeling you’ll love switching it up, too! Let’s get cooking.
Tip: Just want to reduce caffeine and skip the jitters from coffee? Try my favorite matcha tea latte recipe and learn all about how to make it at home. It has 1/4 the caffeine compared to coffee with amazing benefits like L-theanine for calm focus and clear energy.
If you love trying these recipes, be sure to leave a star rating below and tag me @foodbymars in your beautiful food photos on Instagram!
More Healthy Recipe Collections
- 6 Favorite AIP Desserts (Paleo and Autoimmune Protocol)
- Paleo BBQ Menu (Whole30 and AIP-friendly)
- Best Grain Alternatives (Grain-free Products and Recipes)
- Favorite Spa Water Flavors + How to Stay Hydrated
- Easy & Delicious 7-Day AIP Meal Plan
8+ Best Healthy Caffeine-free Drinks: Pumpkin Spice Turmeric Latte & More
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk coconut, almond, etc.
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract alcohol-free or omit for AIP
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg omit for AIP
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom omit for AIP
- pinch of black pepper to activate tumeric omit for AIP
- optional: sweeteners like honey or maple syrup omit for Whole30
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk for topping
- In a small saucepan or butter warmer, add all ingredients (except coconut milk for topping) and whisk over low heat.
- Mix it for approx. 5 minutes or so until well heated and somewhat combined (the puree should be dissolved, the spices will probably still be allover the place).
- Add mixture to a blender and blend on high until you have a thicker orange milk with spices combined well.
- Pour into your mug(s) and separately, steam coconut milk in a frother, using a hand-held frother, or you can heat it separately, rinse your blender and use that on high until you have a nice foam.
- Pour coconut milk on top of your pumpkin spice turmeric milk and add a little more cinnamon over top and serve!