I’ve been using a lot of Dijon mustard lately, I teamed up with Maille for a sponsored post later in the month and it’s been creeping it’s way into my food ever since!! It also helps that I had literally ran out of mustard as I got my new one 😉 – meant to be.
This time, the mustard found it’s way into my potato salad… And I’m in love with the flavor! I also added raw grated carrots because I’m not a fan of the boiled carrot… That mushiness is not for me. Only thing boiled here are some pretty purple and white fingerling potatoes I stumbled upon at the green market in Union Square! This is a perfect lunch side, pack it for a picnic or for a weekday lunch and you’re set.
- 2 heaping cups of chopped fingerling potatoes
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp vegenaise or mayonaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- garnish: carrot greens or flat leaf parlsey
- Prep potatoes by washing the skin and chopping into bite sized pieces, add to a pot and cover with water. Heat over the stovetop (uncovered) until boiling.
- Meanwhile, add the mustard, veganaise, minced garlic and grated carrot to a large bowl. Lightly mix with a fork until the dressing comes together.
- Once potatoes are boiling, stick them with a fork – once tender (but not falling apart), remove from heat and strain in a colander. Let sit until potatoes are warm to the touch.
- Add potatoes to the large bowl over the dressing and mix with a rubber spatula until potatoes are coated.
- Add salt, pepper and greens for garnish. Stir once more and serve!
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!