Crispy Roasted Chicken Thighs are MY FAVORITE easy weeknight meal. Paired with some simple veggies and salad, and you’ve got a flavorful, easy (with minimal clean-up… yay) type o’ meal! This is a basic and essential one to add to your back pocket. Using a baking sheet with grates on top is how the chicken gets so crispy without any need for flour or baking soda/powder. The air in the oven circulates underneath so it doesn’t get soggy and the tin foil or parchment paper catches the juices so you have less to clean. Win-win.
Crispy Roasted Chicken Thighs (Paleo, Whole30, AIP)
Crispy Roasted Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs chicken thighs (with skin)
- sea salt
- spices of choice (I love using rosemary and garlic powder)
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Prep a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper (for easy clean-up) with a grate on top for crispy skin.
- Rinse the chicken thighs and pat them dry with a paper towel so they can get crispy.
- Season chicken thighs to taste on both sides. Tip: if you're using garlic or onion flakes for example (anything that can burn), sprinkle on the underside of the thighs.
- Place chicken thighs skin-side up on the grates and bake for 35-45 minutes. You don't need to flip chicken, they should be crispy when you remove! Serve.
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!