Oh. You. Guys. These are so simple and delicious… I’m very excited. I’m also excited since I’m going to be demonstrating how to make these (IN THE FLESH!) this Saturday at The Lovely Happenings’ FIRST Event in New York City! I’m so happy to be a part of it and when I was asked to do a demo… I knew it had to be a no-bake treat. Not just because of the lack of oven/stove top… but also because I don’t want to burn myself in front of 100 strangers! 😉 I hope all the guests love them! Wish me luck… or better yet, come visit me!!
Anyway, back to these heavenly tarts. These will definitely be my go-to for spring/summer entertaining. They don’t need to be refrigerated long, they can simply be chilled until you’re ready to serve. What more could you ask for when entertaining? Get those muffin tins ready and save time for partying with your guests.
serves 6 // no-bake, vegan, gluten-free
- 3/4 cup almonds or pecans
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 medjool dates
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- Grab a cupcake/muffin tin and parchment paper. Cut strips of paper and place into the cavities of the tin so you can easily lift the tarts later.
- First make the crust, add all ingredients to a food processor and grind until it’s come to a sticky mixture.
- Spoon in the crust a spoonful at a time, pressing the crust on the bottom of the tin and up the sides. Stick the tin in the freezer while you make the topping.
- Using 1 can you’ve refrigerated overnight or for a few hours, scoop out the top cream (do not use any of the water, save it later for smoothies). Add the coconut cream to a large mixing bowl and using a hand or stand mixer, begin to slowly beat the cream for approx. 3 minutes.
- Next, add in the cocoa powder and syrup, still mixing for a couple more minutes until you have a chocolate whipped cream!
- Take the crusts out of the fridge, you’re ready to add the topping.
- Add the chocolate cream to a large plastic bag and snip the corner to pipe the cream into the crusts. Slice a strawberry for each tart and place on top of the cream and voila! You can store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Hope you enjoy!
Would love to have your feedback below and remember to follow me on
Instagram, Bloglovin’, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for the latest and greatest.