Pumpkin season. How do you feel about it? It’s on blast everywhere as always this time of year! The illustrious PSL (pumpkin spice latte) is always in my face everywhere I go it seems, but… confession: I never liked it. GASP!
Well, I don’t… too sweet and perhaps too much of a good thing all in one cup, that it’s just bad. I wanted to do better 🙂
If you’ve seen golden milk or turmeric milk lattes around lately, you might know about how they’re the latest in healthy food trends. But it’s so much more than that. Turmeric milk is not only a powerful anti-inflammatory, but I find it so soothing and calming. I just love it! I thought it might be fun to marry these two popular drinks into one healthy tonic and spoiler alert, IT’S A LOT OF FUN. It’s delicious, warming and sedating and perfect to slurp up in your cable knit fall sweater 🙂
It’s also a great way to use all the random pumpkin puree cans you might have laying around this season! ALL THE FALL FEELS. XO
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger or ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- pinch of black pepper (to activate the turmeric)
- optional sweeteners like honey or coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk for topping
- In a small saucepan, add all ingredients (except coconut milk) and whisk over low heat.
- Mix it for approx. 5 minutes or so until well heated and somewhat combined (the puree should be dissolved, the spices will probably still be allover the place).
- Add mixture to a blender and blend on high until you have a thicker orange milk with spices combined well.
- Pour into your mug(s) and separately, steam coconut milk in a frothier or you can rinse your blender and use that on high until you have a nice foam.
- Pour coconut milk on top of your pumpkin spice turmeric milk and add a little more cinnamon over top and serve!
Use #foodbymars to tag your FBM inspired creations! I’d love to see!