Gluten-free | Vegan optional
COOKIE SEASON IS IN FULL SWING and this year I participated in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap! It’s a great cause for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, by which great brands match donations for the cause. In the meantime, bloggers get to network and trade cookies! This is the recipe I developed which is a flourless chocolate hazelnut cookie. If you’ve made a flourless peanut butter cookie – this is an off-shoot to that using almond butter and cocoa powder. It’s really simple and versatile, oh and delicious. How could chocolate and hazelnut not be? I’ve also brought these on numerous pot lucks this season and they are a crowd pleaser!
makes 1 dozen
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp chocolate pudding mix (I like this brand, if you don’t have, you can substitute with more cocoa powder)
- 1 large egg or 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- handful of raw hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350f degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a hand or stand mixer, mix all ingredients except hazelnuts until well blended.
- Add chopped hazelnuts and fold into the batter.
- Scoop cookies onto the parchment paper and bake for approx. 12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on a drying rack for 5 minutes and serve!
Hope you enjoy!
Would love to have your feedback below and remember to follow me on
Instagram, Bloglovin’, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for the latest and greatest.