December 22 – January 19
CARDINAL EARTH SIGN
RULING PLANET: Saturn
COLOR: Dark Blue and Dark Green
KEYWORDS: Ambition, Diligence, Persistence
Capricorns are hard working, determined and practical. They love having goals to work towards and will keep organization top of mind in order to meet these goals. Being ruled by Saturn, Capricorns take a cautious and careful approach to life, they are happy to take a slower route if they know it will safely lead them to where they strive to be. Behind their serious and reserved manner, you can break through to a great sense of humor and a reliable, helpful friend.
Shopping for Capricorn? Daily Planners, stationary for to-do lists, self-help guides, and anything to help aid in organization (jewelry boxes, cases, anything from The Container Store…) would all be great options!
Capricorns should take a break, let loose and enjoy their birthday season! Whether they’re enjoying the party planning or can entrust that responsibility with a friend, whatever makes them happy!
Happy Birthday, Capricorns! A seriously delicious cake thats sweet, nutty and tart… would make a perfect brunch cake with coffee for these go-getters so they can get on to the rest of their day or a sweet treat at the end of the night.
Cranberry Almond Cake
- 2 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (I use Cara’s blend)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (preferably from a can)
- 1/2 stick butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup slivered almonds + more for garnish
- 1 cup powdered confectioners sugar
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350f degrees and grease a regular bundt cake pan or 8-10 inch cake pan.
- In one bowl, mix all dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and sugar).
- Using a hand or stand mixer, slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry starting with the softened butter, followed by the eggs, milk and vanilla until well blended into a batter.
- Fold in the cranberries and almonds with a spatula by hand.
- Pour batter into the cake pan and bake for approx. 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cake is finished, let sit for a few minutes and pop out of the pan to rest and cool off.
- Make the glaze by whisking all ingredients together until the glaze/icing has formed. Pour on top of the cake and sprinkle with extra almonds.
Hope you enjoy!
Would love to have your feedback below and remember to follow me on
Instagram, Bloglovin’, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for the latest and greatest.